Old 02-03-2005, 02:11 PM
Charles Perry

... I like the looks of
Tradescant
scentimental
oranges n lemons
royal wedding
chelsea morning
maybe Betty Boop I can't decide Im attracted and appalled

Well, I can give you a zone4 opinion on Royal Wedding and Chelsea
Morning. CM, as it grew for me was a nice plant with no disease
problems although I do spray. I would condider the blooms on CM
to be in the novelty class, The shape was a bit varible but most
often it was flat and sometimes looked like a zinnia. The color
was also varible and hard to describe, kind of a
orangeish-pinkish-red. A lighter shade of the color of a peach
pit cavity. very few were neutral, they either loved it or hated
it. It is the more tender of the two, it died the first winter.

Royale Wedding is another very nice plant. It makes a dense
shrub with a pleasing shape. It also is very healthy here with
minimal spray. RW blooms in flushes. The first flush is a little
slow, a week or two behind most of the modern roses. However the
repeat is quite fast. Its color is pleasing shades of apricot
and when it blooms the plant is just covered with flowers. It is
reasonably hardy, it makes it through the winter here with just
some wood chips over the crown and a couple of bags of leaves
tossed on after freeze up.

I have not grown the others you mention.

Regards,

Charles

--
Charles Perry