Old 27-02-2005, 08:03 AM
Theo

HI

wrote:

Just returned from the Hatsume Festival at the Morikami Museum. I picked up
(VERY reasonably) 2 serissa plants (one pink, one white) and a small dainty
Joseph's Coat (tricolor). When I looked for serissa on the web I found it
listed as a house bonsai. Any comments on this? I am in S. Florida - Zone 10.
Also wondered if anyone had any experience with Joseph's Coat. I has very
small leaves - almost the size of the serissa and multi colored leaves. Info
is certainly welcome as both of these are new to me.
Carol in Davie, Florida

I made my sevent cutting with with a pink serissa I made cuttings
with all sort of serisa variegated or not
mine are since two years outside in zone 7( I tried an experience with
cuttings to destroy a myth ) this winther the pot was a bucket of
ice and 1 month later my serissa are fine... so .. leave them outside
check the drainage that must be very good and serissa hate sultry
soil get easily rot roots
as Iris said Serissa are semitropical that love cold

MSN messanger / or ICQ 25 666 169 4
Private Mail :