Old 27-02-2005, 03:10 AM

Default [IBC] Joseph's Coat (Tricolor) & Serissa

Just returned from the Hatsume Festival at the Morikami Museum. I picked up
(VERY reasonably) 2 serissa plants (one pink, one white) and a small dainty
Joseph's Coat (tricolor). When I looked for serissa on the web I found it
listed as a house bonsai. Any comments on this? I am in S. Florida - Zone 10.
Also wondered if anyone had any experience with Joseph's Coat. I has very
small leaves - almost the size of the serissa and multi colored leaves. Info
is certainly welcome as both of these are new to me.
Carol in Davie, Florida

++++Sponsored, in part, by Gregory Brenden++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 28-02-2005, 11:18 AM
bseddon

I live in Zone 5 and the Serissa is definitely a house plant up here....

Old 28-02-2005, 01:19 PM
Pauline Muth

I live in Zone 5 and the Serissa is definitely a house plant up here....

Here in Zone 4 Seriisa is terrific indoor in freezing months ( down to -20
even -30 in some years)
but it always benefits from being outside in the growing season....nice
tight internodes and
great color and bloom.

Up here in cold country my serissa lose their leaves and go dormant in the
fall in my cool
greenhouse Once the days start lengthening the serissas bud out. I do add
to the natural light
in the greenhouse for tropicals by turning on light for a few hours at the
end of each day.

Pauline F Muth Zone 4 West Charlton NY USA
www.pfmbonsai.com

++++Sponsored, in part, by Gregory Brenden++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 01-03-2005, 08:17 PM
Dusty G

What is a Joseph's Coat - tricolor? Where can I find info on it? Thanks,
Dusty

a small dainty Joseph's Coat (tricolor).

-----------------------------------
Walk in Beauty

Traditional Facets
Gemstone Cutting, Jewelry, Chinese & European Writing Sets, Glass Pens
Author of the Rendezvous Cooking series, Birthstones Through the Ages
Dusty G. Panther Tent Dealer

++++Sponsored, in part, by Gregory Brenden++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

[IBC] Serissa & Joseph's Coat [email protected] Bonsai 2 27-02-2005 04:47 PM
[IBC] Serissa & Joseph's Coat [email protected] Bonsai 0 27-02-2005 04:24 PM
[IBC] Joseph's Coat (Tricolor) & Serissa [email protected] Bonsai 0 27-02-2005 03:10 AM
Joseph's Coat Shiva Roses 1 24-06-2003 03:20 AM
Joseph's Coat & Bare Root Roses Shiva Roses 0 27-04-2003 06:32 PM