Old 03-03-2005, 05:20 PM
Rusty Mase

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 11:01:38 -0600, "Jean Staffen"
wrote:

Close, but the bark on the trees in my yard were different. The design and
coloration of the bark on mine looked like a giraffe's coat. And there was
no fruit or clumps produced by any of them. They were volunteers, grew fast
(from sprouts to 10' trees in three years), took no care, produced shade and
were green. On a rented lot in a trailer park, that was good enough for me.
Just always wondered what the heck they were!

There are several imported mulberries, Paper, Fruitless, etc.. I
suspect it is one of those but if you are happy with it - then that's
the important element.

Sasafras can also have "mitten-shaped" leaves but it is not a fast
growing tree. Are you in Austin?

Rusty Mase