Old 03-03-2005, 06:08 PM
NoName

I don't have much time but you may want to check out this list of shade
loving plants for Zone 7. I found it at www.monrovia.com.
http://www.monrovia.com/PlantInf.nsf/All+Plants?SearchView&Query=(FIELD+ATTRIBUTES+CONT AINS+Shade+Loving)+AND+(FIELD+CZoneHigh=(7,8,9,10, 11))+AND+(FIELD+CZoneLow=(1,2,3,4,5,6,7))

"Natty_Dread" wrote in message
Hi all -- I just relocated from the DC area to a brand-new home in
Richmond,
VA (USDA Zone 7). There are no foundation plantings around this house and
I'd like to put some in when spring comes. However, the front of the
house
faces north and gets no sun at all except at the fence line. Can anyone
give me some suggestions for foundation plantings that can tolerate full
shade? I'd like to put in some shrubs or something to decorate the front
of
the house but I'm stumped as to anything substantial that might grow at
least 3' tall without some sun. The only planting in the front yard as of
now is a 15' magnolia tree.

Thanks in advance!

Rhonda
Richmond, VA