Old 04-03-2005, 12:47 AM
Warwick

In article ,
says...
Warwick wrote:

http://www.affordable-afpers.co.uk/album/2005/02-
February/slides/Image027.html

Any ideas? If so, what size in what time and will it be a suitable tree
for a smallish (50'x30') garden with a gap for a single tree?

Warwick

Acer pennsylvanicum 'Erythrocladum'

Its a difficult treee to grow to any size.

Thank you very much. That seem to be spot on.

Unfortunately, your additional comment also appears to be true and this
is reflected in the price from nurseries. I'd also be a bit wary of
planting something that expensive in our heavy clay and I don't think
it'd look right in a planter.

Now, of course, I'm wondering how the 18,000 native trees tallies with
what appears to be a patch of American Acers and as they're expensive
and difficult to get to any size, why they've spent the money?

Warwick