Old 04-03-2005, 04:35 PM
Ozdude

"I3 I L L" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have 2 rainbows that have these large patches in which their color is
getting litter. It is like a white film over their scales. I have seen
numerous diseases but this one I cannot identify. One fish has already
stopped eating and is just hovering behind my vals. I did a complete
analysis of my water and everything came back fine. I did a 50% water
change last night and have been treating with pimafix since. If anybody
can help identify what my fish have I would greatly appreciate it. I
will try and get a picture up today.

Sounds like a bacterial infection. My fish have had this and other symptoms
recently and I've lost a lot of mine to what I think is known commonly as
"Flex" - or Columnaris flexibacter. My water is crystal clear and tests
A0,Ni0,Na5ppm, but I have had stress, high temperatures, dirty substrate,
variable water circulation, low dissolved oxygen and unquarantined fish from
the LFS, which have lead me to believe I have Flex. I've lost 20% of my fish
so far and I'm in the beginning stages of tank wide treatment.

I won't go into it here but look for my messages and thread entitled "Now
I'm really worried!!" in news:alt.aquaria

Oz

--
My Aquatic web Blog is at http://members.optusnet.com.au/ivan.smith