Old 04-03-2005, 04:10 PM
bob

Leonie wrote:
Thanks All for your advice, unfortunatly I live in the UK where
temperatures are cooler, so the orchid is on my kitchen windowsill. I
has some buds coming, but it has lost 2 leaves & another 1 is

wilting.
I read it could have rotting roots. Should I water from the top or
bottom ? I have only been giving it a cup a week, pouring the water
away at the end of the day & the medium has looked dry each week
before watering. Should I repot it now or when it has finished
flowering ?

Please help

Thanks Leonie

Hi Leonie

I just read about your leaf loss. I had that happen and was told the
Phals lose their lower leaves and not to worry.Mine lost two lower ones
and the plant is doing fine.
Send me your e-mail address as I lost yours from an earlier e-mail you
had sent. I have some photos of thr Phal blooms I would like to send
you.
Bob ( in cool Florida)