Old 04-03-2005, 04:38 PM
Susan Erickson

On 4 Mar 2005 04:46:00 -0800,
(Leonie) wrote:

I have only been giving it a cup a week, pouring the water
away at the end of the day & the medium has looked dry each week
before watering. Should I repot it now or when it has finished
flowering ?

Please help

Thanks Leonie

When I read this piece. I see you pouring water over the plant
in the morning and not draining the saucer until night. This
means you DEFINITELY have lost roots. SITTING in water all day
means the bottom of the pot is a bog. You need to hold the pot
over the sink and let the water wash thru it. Then when it quits
draining set it down again.

This plant needs to be unpotted and have all the soggy bark
replaced with fresh. All the roots that squish in your fingers
are rotten and must go. Only firm roots can support the plant.
Cut the mush off and dust the cut ends of the roots with cinnamon
(from the spice rack). It will help heal the wounds. Use a fresh
razor blade and dispose of it afterwards to prevent spreading
plant diseases from one plant to another.
SuE