Old 05-03-2005, 10:37 PM
Warren

Popcorn Lover wrote:
My neighbor was telling me that you can spray vinegar on weeds to kill
them.
Is that true?

You're not going to have much luck with the vinegar you get at the
grocery store. Those are only between 2-5% acid. They're already too
watered down to have much of an effect on weeds. The 20% mix you can get
for hoticulural use is what you'd have to start with.

My biggest concern is the soil. If it stays in the soil, will grass be
able
to grow there after that?

If you paint the weeds, or lightly spray them, you aren't likely to
change the ph of the soil enough to cause later problems. Each rainfall
will wash more away, too. Just don't drench the weeds or the soil.

But even with the stronger vinegar, this isn't some magic cure for a
weed problem. It's probably best around acid loving plants like azaleas,
and for patches of weeds that are too thick to hand pull without
bringing up all the soil. It's not something that's well suited for
weeds in the middle of the lawn.

--
Warren H.

to go outside now.
April 15 is coming fast. Compare Tax Prep Softwa
http://www.holzemville.com/mall/taxes/index.html