Old 06-03-2005, 03:42 AM
Richard Sexton

Try keeping fishless tanks with just, say, shrimp and plants. You
get all sorts of crasy stuff:

http://images.aquaria.net/invertebra...ods/damselfly/

I have copepods and yes I have some sort og fly, or rather gnat larva
in massive abundance. They look and act ilke small bloodworms except
they aren't red. They hatch out as tiny flies, don't go more than
a few inches from the tank and seem to breed as I just get more all
the time.

They're a little hard to photograph, but here's what I got:

http://images.aquaria.net/invertebra...thropods/gnat/

If you look carefully at the Anubias leaf in the background you should
be able to see the little tubular "houses" they build for themseleves.

I'm going to throw in a fish or two to eat the little buggers.

633CSi 250SE/C 300SD | Killies, killi.net, Crypts, aquaria.net
1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Old wris****ches http://watches.list.mbz.org