Old 06-03-2005, 03:13 AM
Alison

"K Barrett" wrote in message ...

Depending on the species that make up the hybrid some catts will
lay over a season until the day/night daylength gets right and then they
start ot develpoe the spike.

Well, I'm really glad I didn't try to pull the thing off when I
thought it was just some mutant dead leaf What day/night length is
supposed to be right for catts? Would it be helped or hindered by
having a tube light on over it for part of the evening through the
winter? (I guess it's fluorescent... it's your basic over-the-counter
tube light...)

Without knowing where you grow I'd speculate that you probably
have low humidity issues

New Brunswick... latitude 44ish... Average house humidity, I think, is
around 50%, & it can be quite hot & dry in that south window, but it's
also right above the kitchen sink. Maybe I should stick my hygrometer
in the window for a few days & check.
I won't tell it about Dave's catts; maybe it will be nicer to me
Thanks, all.

Alison