Old 06-03-2005, 04:49 PM
Reel McKoi

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello all,
Several months ago I accidentally killed my two goldfish that I had had
for several years with too much clorine. 2 or 3 sets of replacement
fish have also died within a few weeks. A coulple of weeks ago a
draind the pond and got out all of the stuff on the bottom I could,
refilled it and about a week later I got 2 more small goldfish. Well,
they are dying as well. The all exhibited the same symptoms. They
become very lethargic and often will hover motionless near the surface
for very long periods of time. You can easily reach in and grab them.
Does anyone have any idea as what might be the problem?

===================================
I hope you quarantined them at least 2 weeks before you put them in your
pond. I NEVER add new fish to my pond until they're quarantined for 21
days. I learned the hard way several years ago - that MOST (no flames
please) koi and goldfish you buy these days are harboring some type of
disease or parasites. No one can guarantee you 100% clean fish. While in
Quarantine they're treated with Quick Cure (or whatever is necessary). The
extra work and bother are well worth my time and effort.

Cheap feeder fish are about the worst where disease and sickness are
concerned.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
"WORK HARDER, millions in Welfare depend on you."