Old 07-03-2005, 05:32 AM
Elaine T

I have a live planted tank, and of course some critteres decided to
hitch a ride. I have snails, which don't bother me too terribly much. A
worm that looks like a small earthworm, except it is like a
redish-brown color is some spots, but it is also some-what translucent.
and clear "sacs" with a whole slew of little white dots. I thought
these "sacs" were snail eggs, but then when I was looking at one of the
worms today,I could see a large cluster of white dots inside the worm,
half-way between the head and middle of the worm's body.

The snails i am not worried about, but what about the worms? Are they
harmful? What are the "sacs", and are they harmful? How can I possibly
get rid of the worms, snails, and "sacs"? I tried using a Skunk Botia,
but h seems content on leaving the snails alone, and eating what ever
food gets left on the bottom. I would love to try a Clown loach or two,
but the tank is only a ten gallon. Does anyone ave any suggestions or
answers to any my previous questions? Thanks for reading!

Evan Davis

Supposedly crushing a couple of snails against the glass will get the
botia more insterested in them. Also, try to feed lightly for a day or
two so not much food hits the bottom of the tank. The botia will go
after the snails more if he's a bit hungrier.

I don't know about the worms but I'm a bit surprised nothing has eaten them.

--
__ Elaine T __
__'