Old 07-03-2005, 02:13 AM
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

Default Mississippi pond waking up.

Our Mississippi day temps are now consistently in the 60s or better. The
water in the pond is at about 50. Soon, it will be warm enough to feed the
koi.

Jim is replacing our pump. Waterfalls again, soon.

The Water Hyacinths that made it through the winter are jus starting to push
leaves. Interestingly, those in the main pond did not make it. I suspect
the koi saw them as food in the winter. BV, want some once things heat up?

Our parrots' feather and water celery are also starting to send shoots.

About 30 apple snails (Trapdoor) were eggs in October, wintered in my
aquaria, and are 1.5" or so now. Big enough to breed once they go into the
pond.

How nice to have winter end and the season get under way.

May your ponds awake and the chatter on the ng return to ponds.

Phyllis

Ask me about Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $120+ per child) at: jogathon.net