Old 08-03-2005, 06:22 AM
Alan Gould

In article , Horse
Trader writes
I have just prepared a small raised bed for veggies.
It is in a reasonable sunny position and is raised by approximately 12
inches.
However, it is quite small - only 6ft by 9ft.

At 6ft. wide you may have problems reaching the centre of the raised bed
without treading on the soil thus causing compaction.
I grow tomatoes & cucumber in my greenhouse & was thinking of what to grow
in the new bed.
Apart from carrots & spring onions, has anybody got any interesting ideas
for veggies in a small bed like this.

Curly kale and leafbeet/perpetual spinach are two reliable and
productive crops, also there's a very wide choice of Oriental salad
leaves available. Radish are a good quick crop for small spaces.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.