Old 08-03-2005, 11:47 AM
Sacha

On 8/3/05 9:25, in article ,
"Charlie Pridham" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
k...
Has anyone tried growing this in UK? I can't imagine it surviving outside

large conservatory but I'm curious to know if anyone has tried and

therefore
whether it will grow and flower in a smaller form as e.g. the Jacaranda
will. I think its proper name is Delonix regia.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Hi Sacha, I tried growing it from seed but it was unhappy in the unheated
greenhouse (Tibouchina was fine) so I gave up!

Doesn't sound promising then because ours is only heated to just above frost
level. I'm guessing too that light levels in Britain wouldn't be good
enough for long enough, either. Isn't it maddening when you see something
like this growing as a street tree in other countries?!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk