Old 08-03-2005, 05:31 PM
Tex John

There's your answer :)

The only problem with bees and compost is that when you apply it to flowers,
they grow more flowers and attract more bees.

John
in Houston

"paghat" wrote in message
news
In article .com,
wrote:

Does anyone know if bees can be a problem with a compost bin.
I have recently started composting and I am worried that bees may vist
and cause a problem.
Chukie

There are many sorts of bees & some of them burrow into soft soil or
upturned turf to establish a hive. If your compost isn't "hot" then it's
just loose stuff for the ground bees to burrow in. But if you keep the
compost damp & stirred it will heat up from decomposition & it will not be
an interesting spot for bees. Not that bees are a "problem." They are a
benifit to the garden, & it is nice flowers they'll be visiting most.

-paghat the ratgirl
--
Get your Paghat the Ratgirl T-Shirt he
http://www.paghat.com/giftshop.html