Old 08-03-2005, 04:22 PM
JennyC

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from " Gavsta" contains these words:

The weekend just gone I have layered the top with 1200 liters of
garden peat
and then layed a lot of grass seed down with a hope that a lawn will
develop.

Depends where you live. I'd have waited till frost/snow were past.
Peat would not be a good addition to soggy areas.

Basically I would love to hear any ideas to reasonably quickly get the
garden looking nice and what you guys recommend.

Mistakes can be made in a hurry; making a garden takes considerably
longer, and making it look nice is a longterm commitment. Borrow some
books from the library to give yourself an idea of what's possible, and
help you work out what you want to use the garden for.
Janet.

Depends indeed what your tastes are. This might vary from Japanese moss garden
to a formal box hedged space with marble fountains :~))

I have quite a few links about garden design on my garden home page:
http://www.ljconline.nl/garden/gardenlinks.htm which might be useful.......I do
however tend to 'modern' and like Dermuid Gavin :~))

Jenny