Old 08-03-2005, 08:19 PM
Frank Miles

In article .com,
wrote:
Does anyone know if bees can be a problem with a compost bin.
I have recently started composting and I am worried that bees may vist
and cause a problem.
Chukie

Last year I discovered a small colony of bees in my compost pile in the spring.
Though I had accidentally disturbed them -- they were the nicest bees I
can imagine. They didn't sting me, though I stayed in the vicinity for some
time. I let them stay there until some weeks later I found that the hive
had moved elsewhere (well, I hope that's what happened).

Your species may vary. These would be welcome back any time. Yellowjackets
and the like -- no thanks!

-frank