Old 09-03-2005, 10:42 PM
Ray

Probably the safest thing to do from the plants' perspective is to put the
plant with pot in a plastic bag to simulate a greenhouse. Kept warm and
shady, the %RH will get saturated and the plant will not desiccate as badly
while it awaits the growth of new roots.

"undergroundbob" wrote in
message news:1110398925.035919937203420f3801993b9ecdde9c@t eranews...

Hi all, first post on the orchids forum, be gentle with me! I have
rescued some phaleanopsis (phaleanopses?) from certain death, re-potted
them in fresh orchid compost, cut off the rotten roots and have been
watering with feed / misting occasionally. However, many of them still
have wrinkled leaves and are not looking like they're about to burst
into fresh new growth. Are they doomed to failure? Is there any orchid
CPR I can apply? Or should I just give up and let them go with dignity
to the great compost heap in the sky?

Hope someone can help, I am an almost total orchid ignoramus!

Many thanks, Bob

--
undergroundbob