Old 09-03-2005, 09:49 PM
Reel McKoi

"zookeeper" wrote in message
... reached pond surface this morning. And another 3 or 4 are close

behind.
We haven't really had a winter this year -- just a few days of freezing
temps, almost no rain, and have had warm weather (60-70 degrees) for a

week
or so, including a record 71 on Monday. Haven't checked pond water temp

yet.
Iris leaves are already 8-12 inches and pickerel is sending up lots of
shoots and leaves. Koi are active, but still on their natural diet -- pond
critters, algae, etc., and have heard lots of toads / frogs at night.

What's
happening at your pond?

====================
I went to check the water temperature in my bigger pond today to find the
thermometer GONE! Evidently the string broke and it fell to the bottom.
:-( The fish are at the bottom again after sever days of munching algae
and fresh fat worms from the flower bed. So I shut the pump off.....
My water lilies still haven't reached the surface. The pickerel are up only
about 2". The parrot's feather has tiny whirls. It's 48 F here today (zone
6 TN).
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
Shared-Secrets is not an anonymous remailer,