Old 09-03-2005, 08:45 PM
sme

On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 18:55:40 GMT and in uk.rec.gardening, Janet
Baraclough wrote....

The message
from sme contains these words:

Hi

Just a few questions on fencing. (wooden, not fighting)

Is there an 'acceptable' height that seperates the gardens distinctly
but doesn't tell the neighbours you are not interested in talking to
them?

(snip)

I am in Glasgow

It isn't possible to give you a blanket answer for the whole of
Glasgow (or even, Scotland) as there are so many valid variations
within Scottish land law.Whether you are a buyer or renter, consult
your property missives/ feu policy/ tenancy agreement to see what they
stipulate about fences on each of your boundaries. Take care reading
it, bearing in mind that on some Scottish property there may be
different requirements for, say, the front and back, or left and right
boundaries.

And where would be the best place to go for either the materials or
for someone to do it for me?

Yellow pages, under "fencing contractor". They will supply
better-quality materials far, far cheaper than builders merchants,
garden centres, DIY sheds etc, and/or do the work if you want.

Janet (Scotland).

Thanks for that. I never thought of them. I was looking at garden centres
and timber merchants and they were looking at over £500 just for the
materials. Seemed a bit steep to me.

I'll have a look about and see what i can get. No doubt i'll be back here
looking for advice after i get it up! (the fence!!!)

Thanks for all answers.

--
sme
(Swap cable for dsl to reply)