Old 10-03-2005, 03:07 PM
Wendy

Al,
Found this at www.sdorchids.com

FORMOSAE (Nigrohirsutae Type) Canelike pseudobulbs, with black hairs on
leaf sheaths and pseudobulbs often apparent, leading to the popular name
nigrohirsutae. Flowers usually white, up to 4 inches across, two to
three together from near the end of the pseudobulb. Long lasting.
Species such as Den. bellatulum, Den. dearii, Den. draconis, Den.
formosum, Den. infundibulum, Den. lowii, Den. lyonii, Den.
margaritaceum, Den. sanderae and Den. schuetzii.

Culture Intermediate to cool year round, 50 to 60 F nights, maximum 85 F
days. Water and fertilize when growing; give a slight short rest (dry)
when growth is completed. Keep barely moist until growth starts again.

Remove peterpan for email reply

Cheers Wendy

Al wrote:
I am looking for tips and tricks to help me grow this type of dendrobium.
All I really know about them is why they have the name Nigrohirsute.