Old 10-03-2005, 02:29 PM
sme

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 13:25:49 GMT and in uk.rec.gardening, undergroundbob
wrote....

Are your neighbours nice? You could try having a word with them about
the fence, asking what they think, best to start off friendly if you're
going to be next door to them for a while!

TBH i don't think they like us much. When we moved in the council was
putting rough cast on the houses and we went to the meeting to pick the
finish we wanted. Our neighbours didn't show up so we were given over all
choice as it is a semi detached house.

I picked a white plaster with red, white and black chips. While i was
working through in Edinburgh they came and did this and used bright pink
plaster.

We ended up with a bright pink house as did our neighbours. We have hardly
spoken to them since, or rather, they haven't spoken to us since. It has
died down a little though but it wasn't what i thought it was going to be.

Anyway, i'll make sure and let them know i am thinking of putting up a
fence as i would need to find out if they wanted to get rid if the hedge or
keep it on their side.

Thanks for the advice anyway. :-)

--
sme