Old 10-03-2005, 08:40 PM
Christina Websell

"Stephen Poley" wrote in message
On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 21:07:30 +0000 (UTC), Windy wrote:

Stephen Poley wrote:
On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 23:22:13 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

"Andy Mabbett" wrote in message

Big Snip

Pyracantha perhaps? It seems fairly indestructible and our soil is
pretty heavy and definitely wet (not just in winter).

Howzabout a native plant. Such as Blackthorn or Hawthorn ? Baith hae
braw birdyberries, and, can be severly cut back to encourage growth.

The hawthorns we tried didn't survive. I suspect they may not be keen on
very wet ground - but I could be wrong, and maybe our problem was
something completely different. Some have survived around here.

--

The hawthorns here are spectacular, grown into trees and always covered with
berries.. The pyracanthus gave up the ghost, I tried several times with it.

Tina