Old 11-03-2005, 09:31 AM
Dave Gillingham

I think you really need to know which species, or the parentage of the
hybrid, for both Latourea and Nigrohirsute sections (and indeed for
most Den sections). Consider New Guinea - hot, steamy, swampy
equatorial lowlands to high, cold mountains. Very different rainfalls
from area to area. Different species within the Section can typically
grow at quite different temperatures; some have seasonal rainfall, &
some experience rain all year round. Applying generalised rules to
these can result in quite inappropriate conditions for some plants.

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 08:30:03 -0800, "K Barrett"
wrote:

Same here. I've managed to get a small collection of Latoureas and I have
no idea what to repot them in. One local grower uses clay pots and sphag
moss. Another uses a seedling mix. H&R uses a diatomite mix. One grow
dry, one grows cool, one grows intermediate, one grows wet. sheesh. Add to
that the idea that they may/may not like to be pot bound. So I've left mine
in their original containers, but that's gottta stop.

K Barrett

"Al" wrote in message
I am looking for tips and tricks to help me grow this type of dendrobium.
All I really know about them is why they have the name Nigrohirsute.

Dave Gillingham