Old 11-03-2005, 05:40 PM
Rhiannon Macfie Miller

sme wrote:

I am in Glasgow and have my very first garden, a whole 20 metres by 10
metres. I haven't a clue what i am going to do with it once i get it
enclosed but the fence is where i need to start.

I don't know where in Glasgow you are but in Knightswood
(whence I've just moved out of) the standard fencing seems
to be palings about three feet high. The palings are rough
sticks around an inch in diameter and wired to a stouter
backing frame. The sticks are about three inches apart.
This seems quite a cheap arrangement that delineates
boundaries but is certainly very sociable.

Rhiannon

--

http://sciethics.blogspot.com/ -- the rights and wrongs of
science.