Old 11-03-2005, 09:08 PM
Cereus-validus.....

The best time to transplant Arisaema and other tuberous Aroids is in the
late summer or autumn when all the top growth has died back and the tubers
are dormant. That's also when they can be divided.

In the spring, the roots will develop before you see any top growth.

"jbert" wrote in message
I just spent a half hour or more searching several web sights and I still
could not find the best time to transplant jack-in-the-pulpit. Is it best
done in the spring before the new growth starts, or wait till the fall
after the leaves have died back? I have a large plant that is growing where
I now longer desire it to be as I want to put something else in it's place.
Also, can the tubers be divided at transplant time?
Thanks, JAB