Old 11-03-2005, 07:40 PM
jbert

Default Transplanting Jack-in-the-pulpit

I just spent a half hour or more searching several web sights and I
still could not find the best time to transplant jack-in-the-pulpit. Is
it best done in the spring before the new growth starts, or wait till
the fall after the leaves have died back? I have a large plant that is
growing where I now longer desire it to be as I want to put something
else in it's place. Also, can the tubers be divided at transplant time?
Thanks, JAB

Old 11-03-2005, 09:08 PM
Cereus-validus.....

The best time to transplant Arisaema and other tuberous Aroids is in the
late summer or autumn when all the top growth has died back and the tubers
are dormant. That's also when they can be divided.

In the spring, the roots will develop before you see any top growth.

Old 12-03-2005, 02:31 PM

best would be fall after leaves die back, but if you can get enough root ball it
should be fine. those big bulbs are food storage after all. INgrid

jbert wrote:

I just spent a half hour or more searching several web sights and I
still could not find the best time to transplant jack-in-the-pulpit. Is
it best done in the spring before the new growth starts, or wait till
the fall after the leaves have died back? I have a large plant that is
growing where I now longer desire it to be as I want to put something
else in it's place. Also, can the tubers be divided at transplant time?
Thanks, JAB

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List at
http://list.lovemyoldhome.com/puregold/
WEBSITE AT: http://www.mu.edu/~buxtoni/puregold/home.html
www.drsolo.com
I receive no money, gifts, discounts or other
compensation for all the damn work I do, nor for
any of the recommendations I make.
AND I DID NOT AUTHORIZE ADS AT THE OLD PUREGOLD SITE

[IMG] code is On

PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Jack-in-the-Pulpit Jack Schmidling[_1_] Gardening 0 20-11-2007 07:24 PM
For Padraig: God's Way of Showing the Beauty of Flowers & Gardens - B.B.U.M.C. Altar, Lay Reader's Lecturn, & Pastor's Pulpit as Viewed from Balcony F.jpg 290002 bytes HEMI-Powered @ [email protected] Garden Photos 0 11-05-2007 04:19 PM
jack-in-the-pulpit [email protected] Gardening 6 17-05-2005 02:27 PM
Jack-in-the-pulpit NewsUser Gardening 3 24-06-2003 04:08 PM
Jack in the Pulpits & other oddities paghat Gardening 7 11-02-2003 01:25 AM