Old 12-03-2005, 11:50 PM
Ray

In your climate, and with enough watering, I would speculate that LECA in
plastic pots would be OK. Clay pots would probably dry out a bit too fast.

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
nk.net...
Hi, Gang,

We currently grow our Phals either in spag or mounted. What would you
think
about Aliflor for Phals? It seems like a solution to the occasional root
rot
(though I really don't over water). In my warm south FL conditions, how
often would one water a Phal in Aliflor? I use it for many other orchids,
often mixed with other media, with great results.

Of course, S/H is another option. Just wondering if anyone has tried
straight potting with fired clay medium for Phals.

I await the opinion of the sages. TIA.

Diana