Old 13-03-2005, 04:55 AM
Robbin

An electric fence will not electrocute anything. It shocks, it doesn't
electrocute.

"escape" wrote in message
and die a torturous death by electrocution.

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 14:40:26 -0600, Katra

opined:

I've heard of some very bad experiences with hotwires... ;-)
Deer are SO stupid!

I s'pose two very low to the ground hotwires might be safe, but
sometimes the sting of a hotwire at a higher level seem to panic a deer
and they get all tangled up in it and run off with your entire fence!

In article ,
"Red" wrote:

A big fence is the only way. If you want to try pepper you can get

ground
dried Habanero peppers from http://www.redsavina.com/ . I would be
concerned that the pepper would carry over to the vegetable themselves.

have tried most everything and have yet to find anything that will

always
work except the fence. Take that back, I haven't tried the motion

detector
water sprinklers nor the electric fence. Good luck.

wrote in message
oups.com...
I want to start a vegetable garden but I live in deer country near
Dripping Springs. I read in the archives that homemade pepper sprays
work well to repel deer. I also know they don't like rosemary and
other fragrant shrubs. Any opinions on how well it would work to

hedge
the entire garden with rosemary and other large shrubs?

thanks,
--steve