Old 13-03-2005, 06:20 PM
Walter

Default How do I remove a mound?

The previous owner of my home built a mound about 15-20 in diameter and
maybe 2 feet high at the center. This has been here several years so it is
covered with St. Augustine. I want to remove it, because is serves no
useful purpose for us and it blocks drainage in that part of the yard.

I don't know the best way to go about this. Should I just attack it with a
shovel or rent a tiller, or pay someone to scoop it with a bobcat and just
re-sod the naked ground? I fear the shovel approach would take quite a
while by myself. The dirt is most likely a combination of top soil and
clay, mostly clay.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!