Old 13-03-2005, 04:01 PM
K Barrett

Thanks Dave! I didn't know Stocker was a co-author on the Lavarack
reference. I guess I'll have to go book-buying. (always something I
enjoy!)

K Barrett

"Dave Gillingham" wrote in message
Most of my collection are dendrobiums. Like most of you, I guess, I've
simply bought a selection of books over time that cover my interests.
For dens, Baker & Baker, and Lavarack, Harris & Stocker are excellent.
The info in those helps to determine how to grow them. Over here, the
standartd wisdom regarding fertiliser seems to be high nitrogen whilst
rapidly growing, & then high potassium to enhance flowering. One
nurseryman whose plants are extremeny good cites the following
fertiliser ratios:
hi N: NPK 14:5:22
hi K: NPK 7:11:27