Old 14-03-2005, 02:40 PM
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article ,
"Cindy" wrote:

"Red" wrote in message
m...
When I moved in to this house there was not a deer problem. I used to
grow roses and a huge vegetable garden without any problem, so I have to
assume the deer are the ones who have moved in on me. They pop out twins
twice a year and there is no control. Not unusual to see 20 in the back
any evening. I realize they have been surrounded by the development but
that doesn't help the problem. I think they should be trapped and moved
or eliminated by any means. This is no longer a country setting. We are
5 miles inside the city limits now and it is not a place where deer or
other wild life are acceptable. Don't tell me they were here first. The
deer that were here when I moved in are long gone. These are the ones
that have come along in the mean time. I have never loved deer except
when fried in onions. I don't expect any solution to this problem but I
certainly wish some of the elected officials would get a bit of back bone
and address the problem.

Isn't there a hunting season?

Cindy

Yeah, but not IN the city limits!!!

The discharge of firearms is illegal, plus you risk hitting a neighbors
house etc. in a closed area like that.

That's why it's not legal to shoot the pests in town. :-P

Learn to use a good compound bow!
--
Om.