Old 14-03-2005, 05:37 PM
~Roy~

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 11:17:50 -0500, (REBEL JOE)
wrote:

===Has anyone heard of or used Crystal Blue. We got some in at wally world
===where I work and wonder if anyone has used it. Says it cleans and makes
===water blue and clearer.
===
===
===
===
http://community.webtv.net/rebeljoe/POND

Its just the typical pond dye, I use a similar product in my pond to
give more shade to the water and reduce algae growth. It works. Some
brands last longer than others, and some brands are outrageous in
price as compared to others.......I can't see how it "cleans" water
though, it just reduces amount of sunlight that penetrates it thus
reducing algae.......if its dyed dark enough to meet the light
filtration it gives........I give $28.00 for 1 gal jug that will last
approx 6 months and its enough to color 1.65+ mil gal in my pond.
Sort of makes fish look an off color due to blue color in water though