Old 14-03-2005, 04:17 PM
REBEL JOE

Default Blue

Has anyone heard of or used Crystal Blue. We got some in at wally world
where I work and wonder if anyone has used it. Says it cleans and makes
water blue and clearer.

http://community.webtv.net/rebeljoe/POND

Old 14-03-2005, 05:37 PM
~Roy~

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 11:17:50 -0500, (REBEL JOE)
wrote:

===Has anyone heard of or used Crystal Blue. We got some in at wally world
===where I work and wonder if anyone has used it. Says it cleans and makes
===water blue and clearer.
===
===
===
===
http://community.webtv.net/rebeljoe/POND

Its just the typical pond dye, I use a similar product in my pond to
give more shade to the water and reduce algae growth. It works. Some
brands last longer than others, and some brands are outrageous in
price as compared to others.......I can't see how it "cleans" water
though, it just reduces amount of sunlight that penetrates it thus
reducing algae.......if its dyed dark enough to meet the light
filtration it gives........I give $28.00 for 1 gal jug that will last
approx 6 months and its enough to color 1.65+ mil gal in my pond.
Sort of makes fish look an off color due to blue color in water though

Old 14-03-2005, 05:54 PM
Benign Vanilla

"REBEL JOE" wrote in message
Has anyone heard of or used Crystal Blue. We got some in at wally world
where I work and wonder if anyone has used it. Says it cleans and makes
water blue and clearer.

http://community.webtv.net/rebeljoe/POND

I tried a similar product last year. I used maybe half of the recommended
amount, and the water was ELECTRIC BLUE. LOL. I swore I'd never use it
again, but I am considering adding in a few weeks as the pond ramps up, so I
can prevent the algae from taking over before the VF does.

--
BV
Webporgmaster of iheartmypond.com

Old 14-03-2005, 06:34 PM
Derek Broughton

Benign Vanilla wrote:

"REBEL JOE" wrote in message
Has anyone heard of or used Crystal Blue. We got some in at wally world
where I work and wonder if anyone has used it. Says it cleans and makes
water blue and clearer.

http://community.webtv.net/rebeljoe/POND

I tried a similar product last year. I used maybe half of the recommended
amount, and the water was ELECTRIC BLUE. LOL. I swore I'd never use it
again, but I am considering adding in a few weeks as the pond ramps up, so
I can prevent the algae from taking over before the VF does.

Aren't these dyes usually based on Copper Sulfate? OK for Wally World
maybe, kind of hard on the invertebrates in a garden pond. Even if it
isn't Copper Sulfate, "clean" isn't really something you really want in a
pond that actually has to support living organisms.
--
derek
Old 14-03-2005, 08:35 PM
~Roy~

No, the dyes I have looked at, and i have looked at a heap of them,
did not have copper listed as an ingredient. They get their blue /
green colors etc from another source. I have looked at :
Crystal Blue, Blue Lagoon., Loc Ness Blue, Becketts Blue Dye, Blue
Diamond, Pond Blue, and some whose names I forget. They all state they
are safe for fish and other marine life............

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 14:34:56 -0400, Derek Broughton
wrote:

===Benign Vanilla wrote:
===
=== ...

Old 26-03-2006, 09:48 PM
Registered User

Location: Harewood, Leeds

Most Pond Blue products (only the ones I have looked at) are safe for fish and micro organisms unless you use over 16,000 times too much. as a seller of such products I have often wanted someone to try............ not really, but the profit would come in handy

www.dyofix.co.uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Roy~
No, the dyes I have looked at, and i have looked at a heap of them,
did not have copper listed as an ingredient. They get their blue /
green colors etc from another source. I have looked at :
Crystal Blue, Blue Lagoon., Loc Ness Blue, Becketts Blue Dye, Blue
Diamond, Pond Blue, and some whose names I forget. They all state they
are safe for fish and other marine life............

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 14:34:56 -0400, Derek Broughton
wrote:

===Benign Vanilla wrote:
===
=== "REBEL JOE"