Old 14-03-2005, 06:34 PM
Derek Broughton

Benign Vanilla wrote:

"REBEL JOE" wrote in message
Has anyone heard of or used Crystal Blue. We got some in at wally world
where I work and wonder if anyone has used it. Says it cleans and makes
water blue and clearer.

http://community.webtv.net/rebeljoe/POND

I tried a similar product last year. I used maybe half of the recommended
amount, and the water was ELECTRIC BLUE. LOL. I swore I'd never use it
again, but I am considering adding in a few weeks as the pond ramps up, so
I can prevent the algae from taking over before the VF does.

Aren't these dyes usually based on Copper Sulfate? OK for Wally World
maybe, kind of hard on the invertebrates in a garden pond. Even if it
isn't Copper Sulfate, "clean" isn't really something you really want in a
pond that actually has to support living organisms.
--
derek