Old 14-03-2005, 07:38 PM
Martin Sykes

I had a pair of those strap on spiky shoes. You just strap them onto your
wellies and walk around when the ground is reasonably soft. It works great
but I got a bit carried away and tried jogging, then running to speed things
up. It's a pity the cameras weren't rolling when they suddenly got stuck in
a bit of harder ground.

I now use a scarifier to remove the moss - but don't use the collector as
it'll fill up too often. Just remove it and walk backwards so you don't go
over the bit where the moss has been chucked. Then mow it all up afterwards.
I've also got an aerator which is like a roller with spring-loaded 6 inch
nails in it which does a good job but is hard work.

--
Martin & Anna Sykes
( Remove x's when replying )

"tom" wrote in message
Hi,
Whats the best aerator to get for a lawn 17m x 13m? Budget £120.
I have seen 2 types 1 has wire like teeth on a spindle usually called
lawnrakers) and the other type have metal blades that spin round.

The wire ones sem a lot cheaper usually about 40 for a 600 watt one.
the metal blade ones are between 100 & 120 (draper 1300 watt &
gardenia 1000 watt).

Lawn has lots of moss & clover in it loads of dandelions etc.

Thanks