Old 14-03-2005, 08:19 PM
Phisherman

I had it pots to propagate it. After it became established I moved
one to the outdoors where it slowly died back to almost nothing. I'm
waiting to see what happens. The other two are on my window sill,
barely surviving for the past two years. At one time they seemed to
like the early morning sun. Perhaps the environment is not right for
them. They are next to a very healthy & blooming African violet.

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 11:53:48 -0500, SKYlark
wrote:

er....whyfor you had it planted in pots???

i live in usda zone 4a and the Galium does beautifully at the bottom of my
steps facing south. i've given it no special fertz or growing mixtures and
it's doing great.
granted i do not have "intense heat" except for perhaps 30 days of it in
august and, granted, too the little white flowers don't come out before may
1st, but they do come out and i do make may wine and terrific relaxing tea.

From: Phisherman
Newsgroups: rec.gardens
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 13:52:04 GMT
Subject: Sweet Woodruff

I bought a small sweet woodruff plant and divided it into three pots.
One grew so well in a east window then I planted it outdoors in
partial shade (2-3 hours of dappled sun) where it slowly died off. I
put a nylon sunscreen over it during the intense summer sun for added
protection. The other two are struggling along now, the top part is
dead, but small plants are starting to grow. I put a plastic tent of
the plant to increase humidity. Anyone have any luck with this
plant? It seems to be very temperamental and seems to grow better
indoors than outdoors. I have not fertilized it and they were potted
using MiracleGrow potting mix. Outdoors, I mixed in compost. I
bought it for the intention of a semi-shady area groundcover. In zone
7, e.TN. TIA