Old 15-03-2005, 02:23 AM
Walter

"Srgnt Billko" wrote in
:

"Walter" wrote in message
. 6...
The previous owner of my home built a mound about 15-20 in diameter
and maybe 2 feet high at the center. This has been here several years
so it is covered with St. Augustine. I want to remove it, because is
serves no useful purpose for us and it blocks drainage in that part
of the yard.

I don't know the best way to go about this. Should I just attack it
with a shovel or rent a tiller, or pay someone to scoop it with a
bobcat and just re-sod the naked ground? I fear the shovel approach
would take quite a while by myself. The dirt is most likely a
combination of top soil and clay, mostly clay.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

That's why we get married. Buy her a shovel and put her to work.

Maybe I should tell her there's a diamond buried at the bottom! :-D