Old 15-03-2005, 01:37 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Phisherman writes:
| I bought a small sweet woodruff plant and divided it into three pots.
| One grew so well in a east window then I planted it outdoors in
| partial shade (2-3 hours of dappled sun) where it slowly died off.

I doubt that it is the sun that worries it, but the drought.
It is a northern European woodland plant, and is adapted to
relatively cool, damp summers - not necessarily ones as damp
and cool as in the UK, but more so than over much of the USA.

It does fine with me in the open, where it gets no more than
4 hours of sun in summer. But that is UK sun - which is
usually pretty feeble.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.