Old 15-03-2005, 04:54 PM
Wylie Wilde

Default Interior Pond problems - update

Hello,

I got a local pond expert to give me his opinion on the pond. He checked it
out and said straight up - one of the submersible pumps wasn't working and
was probably burnt out and had to be replaced. Cost $350- installation -
including changing of pipes, etc.. $500.

You could hear the pump humming away in an erratic fashion but it wasn't
pumping water. Note- its not any bigger than my Eheim external pump. That's
about 40cm x 15cm big.

I don't know much about submersible pumps - but if they are anything like
external EHEIM aquarium pumps they should have an magnetic impeller located
inside which can be replaced for a $30.

The expert assured me that was not the case and again told me to replace the
pump and pipes.

Should I follow his advice? I might call another fellah up.

Cheers,

YM

--
Regards,