Old 16-03-2005, 07:23 AM
Sean Dinh

!doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en"
html
Is there a filter for that pond? Which type is it?
pA HREF="http://la.znet.com/~seannydinh/"http://la.znet.com/~seannydinh//A
pMy lovely green water went away a week after installing a bigger TT
filter.
pebruvold wrote:
blockquote TYPE=CITEOK....
pLive in San Diego.  Had a pond installed last September.
About a 3
brfoot rise waterfall into a pond of about 800-1000 gallons.  Installed
brby local contractor.  Gave us Koi (6) and some water lillies plus
br"Aquascape Designs String Algea Buster (SAB)" and "Aquascape Design
brAquaclear"
pFollowed all directions rigorously in respect to bacteria, cleaning,
bretc.  But as you may have heard, southern california had more
rain than
brwe have had in the last 100 years.  So a fair amount of run off
into
brthe pond and outright rain.  Had to pump out water on numerous
broccasions and other times simply let it overflow in to landscape.
pWith warmer weather planted some more lilles and some marginals.
brLillies going well.  I have about 10-15% surface area covered
and more
brpads every day.  I do not have any "bottom plants" but strongly
brconsidering adding them.
pHOWEVER, I have a serious string and single cell (green water) algae
brproblem that is driving me to frustration.
pBeen spiking (triple the dose every day) my pond with both "clear"
brbacteria and SAB.  Hand cleaning out every day the string algae
that is
breasy to get out and actually pulling some off from individual rocks.
pBut not sure it is helping!  Or at least I can not noticeably see
brdifference.   Is my only hope to drain the pond and start
over?  Should
brI have patience with the product I am using?  Should I try something
brdifferent (there seem to be a huge number of different concoctions
out
brthere - any objective reviews?)/blockquote
/html