Old 16-03-2005, 05:49 PM
Steveo

"Russell D." wrote:
I just got off the phone with a very helpful young man at my local Home
Depot. I was gathering info from him on the prices of redwood, cedar and
composite planking that I want to make grow boxes from. When I mentioned
to him that I was going to make grow boxes he suggested that I use
treated lumber, quickly adding, as if he anticipated my protest, there
is no longer any arsenic used in the treating process and nothing is
used that would be harmful.

Begs the question 'what do they use' to preserve the wood? Nothing is
used that would be harmful to vegetable plants? Dunno 'bout that one..