Old 16-03-2005, 03:56 PM
Hal

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 13:55:01 -0500, "Priscilla McCullough"
wrote:

How big do they get?
I got one that lives in my preform pond. I have a 15x15 4 ft koi pond also.
But the bullfrog is in the little one. Hes been there for 4 yrs now from a
tadpole.

http://www.npwrc.usgs.gov/narcam/idguide/bullfrog.htm

I think you are fortunate. I have seen one transit and introduced 4
tadpoles in the past several years, but don't see any bullfrogs on a
regular basis. I do see frog droppings occasionally and believe
some frequent my pond, but I still have too many goldfish and they
aren't eating enough.

A friend told me if I wanted them to stay around and sing in the
summer I should raise some in a cage. I may try that some day, but
I'm still a bit uncertain about their cage construction, winter
arrangements and how to keep them fed.

Regards,

Hal