Old 16-03-2005, 01:37 AM
RichToyBox

Did you get a look at the brand and model number of the pump, or is it
readily removable? Many of the submersible pumps do have replacement
impellers which are relatively inexpensive, some are sealed units that are
really not repairable. The magnetic drive units are easy to repair and are
the most cost effective of the pumps.
--
RichToyBox

"Wylie Wilde" wrote in message
Hello,

I got a local pond expert to give me his opinion on the pond. He checked
it out and said straight up - one of the submersible pumps wasn't working
and was probably burnt out and had to be replaced. Cost $350-
installation - including changing of pipes, etc.. $500.

You could hear the pump humming away in an erratic fashion but it wasn't
pumping water. Note- its not any bigger than my Eheim external pump.
That's about 40cm x 15cm big.

I don't know much about submersible pumps - but if they are anything like
external EHEIM aquarium pumps they should have an magnetic impeller
located inside which can be replaced for a $30.

The expert assured me that was not the case and again told me to replace
the pump and pipes.

Should I follow his advice? I might call another fellah up.

Cheers,

YM

--
Regards,