Old 17-03-2005, 03:19 AM
S Orth

Dappled sun is good, but is it the hot, afternoon sun? Heat is not good.
Also, in my experience with this plant (Zone 5, however), I've found that it
seems to take awhile to be come established and resents transplanting.

Hope this helps a bit
Suzy in Wisconsin

"Phisherman" wrote in message
I bought a small sweet woodruff plant and divided it into three pots.
One grew so well in a east window then I planted it outdoors in
partial shade (2-3 hours of dappled sun) where it slowly died off. I
put a nylon sunscreen over it during the intense summer sun for added
protection. The other two are struggling along now, the top part is
dead, but small plants are starting to grow. I put a plastic tent of
the plant to increase humidity. Anyone have any luck with this
plant? It seems to be very temperamental and seems to grow better
indoors than outdoors. I have not fertilized it and they were potted
using MiracleGrow potting mix. Outdoors, I mixed in compost. I
bought it for the intention of a semi-shady area groundcover. In zone
7, e.TN. TIA