Old 17-03-2005, 10:48 AM
Chookie

In article ,
"Andrew G" wrote:

Getting a little off topic here, but does anyone have any info on European
Carp v's Koi carp in the way of identification?
Cutting a long story short, I have been told the carp in a dam at work are
European carp, but from what I have seen, they aren't.

European carp are duller-coloured and are meatier -- closer to a snapper in
shape than the torpedo shape of koi. Good eating too, despite what people say.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"In Melbourne there is plenty of vigour and eagerness, but there is
nothing worth being eager or vigorous about."
Francis Adams, The Australians, 1893.