Old 17-03-2005, 07:50 PM
Warren

Boots wrote:
I am looking for suggestions on a garden hose that will not
kink every time you look at it. And also not one that is too
heavy to pull around as my wife and I are 70. Thanks

If you're looking for a 5/8", or 3/4", or even 1/2" hose of any length, the
design features that help prevent kinking will be the same things that add
weight to the hose.

If you're looking for something light, and up to about 50', you may want to
consider a coiled hose. They're very light because they're usually only 1/4" or
3/8", and they resist kinking because you (theoretically) never pull them
straight. Just make sure you store them by allowing them to spring back. If you
coil them on top of themselves, the coils will get tangled, and that may be more
frustration than a kinked regular hose.

This, of course, won't work well if you're talking about great lengths, nor
would it work well if you're keeping the hose in place for some time like with a
lawn sprinkler. They're a tripping hazard for people crossing their path, so
they should only be used actively with someone there.

If you need a longer hose, how you store it may be the key to avoiding kinks. An
automatic hose reel, for example, would be better than just coiling the hose in
a pile.

--
Warren H.

to go outside now.
Your Guide to the Care and Feeding of a Suburban Lawn:
http://www.holzemville.com/community...are/index.html